- Dr.Pramod karan sethi(P.K. Sethi) , a reknown surgeon & orthopedician known for his invention "JAIPUR FOOT" were a part of SMS faculty since 1954 to 1982 till his retirement.With Ram Chandra Sharma, he co-invented the "Jaipur
foot", an inexpensive and flexible artificial limb, in 1969. He started and developed Orthopaedic Department and Rehabilitation Unit
from scratch.Sethi was recognized by the Guinness Book
of World Records for helping a large number of amputees in
obtaining mobility again. The Indian dancer and actor "Sudha Chandran" was one of his patients.Sethi was awarded the Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership
He was a Padma Shri awardee and he
also won a major Rotary International award.
He was elected a fellow of the British Royal College of Surgeons. Dr. P. K. Sethi passed away in the early hours of 6th
- Dr.Rameshwar Sharma, were former Vice-Chancellor of Rajasthan University and former
Principal of SMS Medical College.At the time of his death Dr.Sharma was executive director of Bhagwan
Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre here and visiting professor
at the Indian Institute of Health Management Research, which he had
founded as its first director. Dr.Sharma had conceptualised the State
Institute of Health and Family Welfare and. He was a winner of the
B.C.Roy National Award for his contribution to medical education.
Dr.Sharma during his illustrious career had held the posts of the
president of National Institute of Ecology, Indian Association of
Preventive and Social Medicine and Indian Society of Medical Statistics.
In keeping with his wishes, his family has offered his body to SMS
Medical College for benefit of students.
- Dr Shiv gautam, a well- known psychiatrist, who has won several prestigious awards. He is also the Additional Principal of the SMS Medical College currently.
- Dr.Samin K.Sharma, currently an interventional cardiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, holds the American record for the highest number of complex coronary interventions performed annually
- Lt. Gen. S.R. Mehta Lieutenant G eneral S.R. Mehta,VSM is a graduate of SMS Medical College Jaipur. He joined the Army Medical Corps in 1971. Later he qualified himself as MD (Medicine) in 1979 from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. He is a fellowof Indian College of Physician (FICP) and fellow of College of Chest Physician (FCCP) USA. He has published over 90 research papers and written several chapters on various topics including Malaria and Heat stroke, invariousmedicalbooks. For his unflinching dedication to the service, he was awarded Vishist Seva Medal in 2001. He has now taken over the reigns of Army Medical Corps on 01 Jun 2009 as the Director General Medical Service (Army).
- Dr. Surbhi Jain, currently a neurosurgeon at Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, holds world's largest experience of treating brain tumor patients with brain mapping guided brain surgery and holds US patent for this invention. Dr. Jain is the first female neurosurgeon from State of Rajasthan.
- Dr. Lucky Jain, currently the Professor and Executive Vice Chairman for Department of Pediatrics at Emory University School of Medicine. Graduated with honours from SMS Medical College, Jaipur. He did his postgraduate and postdoctoral training at SMS Medical College, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and University of Illinois, Chicago. In 2006, Dr. Jain was appointed the Medical Director of Emory- Children's Center,. More recently, he has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Emory Healthcare. He is also the editor for Clinics in Perinatology.
- Dr. Farooq Abdullah, Son of Sheikh Abdullah and father of Omar Abdullah (Currently Chief Minister of J & K). Dr. Abdullah is currently leader of National Conference party and a Minister in Govt. of India and is a former chief minister of Jammu & Kashmir state in India.
- Maj Gen CS Dhawan, AVSM, is an alumini of the 1954 batch. He is a
recipient of the prestigious Ati Vishisht Seva Medal from the President
of india for his distingushed and meritorious services for serving in
the Army Medical Corps as a general officer.
- Lt. Gen. Bhagirath Singh Rathore LieutenantGeneral Bhagirath Singh Rathore, VSM graduated from SMS Medical College in1972. Later he joined the Army Medical Corps as a Lieutenant. He qualified himself as MD (Dermatology) from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1979. He has numerous publications in various journals. For his distinguished services, he has been awarded Vishist Sewa Medal in 2007 and was appointed as Additional Director, General (Human Resources), Armed Forces Medical Services, Delhi. Currently he is serving the nation as Director General (Org& Pers), AFMS.
- Dr.Veer SinghMehta is a renowned Neurosurgeon and Ex-Chief Neurosciences, AIIMS, New Delhi. He received his education and training at SMS Medical College, Jaipur and later at AIIMS. Dr. Mehta is a pioneer in surgery for brachial plexus injuries in India. He is a member of many National bodies and has been associated with many International and National Journals. The Govt. of India awarded him Padma Shri in 2005.
| ABOUT US
| GALLERY|CONTACTS | DOWNLOADS |
NOTICES & TENDERS | LINKS | BLOGS | DISCLAIMER | SITE MAP | FAQ | RTI | WEBTEAM